วันจันทร์ที่ 1 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2553

Professionalism

Always be professional, do not fall into the old friends trap, you will lose more than you will ever be able to gain back. I have had a few occasions where I was doing business as a consultant and I was asked if I could attend a social event to celebrate the success of the project. I was pleased that the company had asked me and I graciously accepted. The event was on a Saturday afternoon so I dressed appropriately for a BBQ.

When I got to the event, everyone else was dressed the same way except the host who was basically in his workout clothes. He was treating everyone like old friends, which is not a bad thing. The problem turned out to be the language he chose to use at the event. If I had joined in as the others, I would have lost a great deal of respect. I decided that I would stay to be sociable but would take the first opportunity to leave. As much as I wanted to be part of the group, I did not feel I would gain anything by lowering my professionalism.

I am sure most of you have been in similar situations. It is very difficult not to join in but if it is a customer, you should not let yourself be part of it. I also had another occasion to visit an alliance partner at his office during the off-peak working time. He was very casual in dress and spent most of his time talking about other things than business. I was very polite and left wondering if I had the right alliance in place. The important lesson is to make sure you stay professional at all times. Being professional will do more for you than if you do not.

Being friends with customers is also important as it is part of the business relationship you have. Let them get to know you for what you can do in business and not how you socialize.

full figure bra cheap hotels in boston

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น