วันอังคารที่ 2 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2553

Workout Motivation - Keeping It Up

Time and time again we'll start working out with good intentions to keep it up and then after the first few days we quit. Sometimes it is because we are so sore those first few days that we can't keep it up. For me it is when I miss day or two and can't get back into the routine.

Here are a few tips to keep up the motivation that have helped me towards my fitness goals.

1) Set a specific time of day to do your workouts. I find that committing to doing it at the same time each day I am more likely to get it done. I prefer mornings prior to work. If I miss my morning workout it's a lot harder to do it when I get home. I think I'll do it when I get home from work, then I push it off to after dinner, and then after my favorite show and before I know it it's time for bed.

2) It doesn't have to be a 60 to 90 minute workout, just 20 to 30 minutes each day and you will feel the results. Fitting a 60 to 90 minute workout is just not an option for me with my current schedule. It may be for some, but I know that after working out for 30 minutes a day consistently for a week I can totally feel the difference. They biggest key is to keep it up.

3) Plan your workouts and stick to the schedule. I make myself a workout calendar and list the specific workout that I plan to do each day. Plus, it keeps me motivated to cross off that I did what I had planned on doing that day.

4) Find a workout buddy. For several months I used to go to a gym each morning to meet my sister. We rarely missed any days because if she was going to be there I needed to be and vise versa. If you do your workouts at home you can still have a workout buddy to keep you accountable. Join a forum or commit with a friend who is doing the same.

5) Don't overdo it right up front. If you work out so hard that you literally can't walk for days then you're not going to keep it up. Soreness is normal and after a few days to a week it will pass, but if you do so much that you are in serious pain you have done too much. It's not likely that your going to get up and do another workout.

6) Last, keep it up. If you only have time for 15 minutes, workout for 15 minutes, if you have time for 30, do 30. If you miss a day or two, jump back into in on day three. If you consistently work out 4 to 5 days a week you will feel the difference and see results.

A couple other things I like to do to keep me motivated is to keep out one of my favorite outfits that I'm working towards fitting into. Every few weeks I pull out my boxes of "skinny" clothes to see what I can get into. I also like to find magazine pictures of people working out and in shape to hang up in my bedroom or bathroom to keep me motivated. You just need to find what works best for you.

full figure bra cheap hotels in boston

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น