วันอาทิตย์ที่ 15 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Military Clothes – On Wearing Military Clothing

Uncle Sam's Outfitters has all kinds of military clothing. You can find them at http://www.unclesamsoutfitter.com
When I was just starting out, I went to Art School in Boston. I had not been drafted because my eyes were so bad that I was instantly considered to be 4F, which meant that there was no chance that you'd ever go into the military. However, when I met the love oe my life, Christine, her father had been in the war and he ended up giving me his army coat. Military clothes are sometimes worn by non-military people, too… even those who hope the world never has to fight. It does, of course, and that's the sad thing about wars; because the ones who are so young who still haven't a life of their own are the ones who are now gone serving the country that asked them to give away the most precious thing, life.
So, military clothes have a very great meaning. Wearing military clothes can show you, if just for a second, what it might have been like. If I had gone in and fought in the Vietnam war, my life would certainly have been a different one. I might have not come back, as many didn't at the time. An acquaintance of mine, Gary Brown, went into the Marines and never returned. I wasn't real close to Gary, I used to pick up the newspapers I delivered on my road at his house, and we talked a while.
But when I put on Chris' father's jacket, to the world when they looked at me, I was instantly transformed through their eyes into one who was different than what I was. When they would look, I would be a photograph of someone they knew. And, by that occurring, I knew a bit of what it was like, though I really knew nothing at all. Later, when I worked in an Electronics shop called Kelsey Electronics in North Haven, I met a man who had nightmares every night from having gone to Vietnam. He was very troubled. Military clothes, then, symbolize something that we have to remember. They sometimes get hurt, they sometimes are troubled afterwards for a long time, and they did it for us.
So, putting on military clothes is a patriotic thing to do, sometimes. It will give you a better sense for what it means to live in freedom; and what has to be sacrificed, sometimes, so that we remain free. Lets hope that we don't take that as a reason to fight wars, though. Instead, lets take it as the reason to learn how to finally live in peace. For in peace lies our only chance that what we call ‘being human' really triumphs. In dogs is the ability to tear at each other's throats and react in fear. Lets not be dog, but learn how to live better, reaching for a goal that's higher then our petty needs and overlook what fear tells us.
If you've never tried on military clothes, you might do it… just to see something new that might appear in your thoughts you never would have thought otherwise. In my case, I was wearing the actual coat of a person who had actually gone through some pretty bad things back when he was in World War II. He had turned into a rather bitter man who caused grief in his family at times. However, to put on his coat for even such a brief time was to see the world through his eyes just for a moment.

cheap hotels in boston full figure bra

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น